Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mini Pita Bread Pocket Sandwich Bento


These little mini pita breads are just so cute; have you seen them? But they are pretty tough to fill with stuff. I had to make 6 of them for TinySprite here. These are sardine-yogurt-pickle relish-filled (hey! Don't knock it till you've tried it; it's pretty good with hot sauce too). I put tiny lettuces in there for color, and topped off with grape tomatoes and a couple turns of fresh cracked pepper. The other side of this cute orange polka-dot bento box contains blood orange sections and steamed Okinawan sweet potato. I think I got this box at Daiso a long time ago - they came in different shapes, sizes, and colors.

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good! I'm not a huge fan of pita, but I like the mini pitas stuffed with cream cheese and cucumber slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I'm going to try that one. Thanks, Student!

      Delete