Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Teriyaki Salmon Bento

Teriyaki Salmon Bento by sherimiya ♥
Teriyaki Salmon Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
This is our first real bento after a week off. I made teriyaki salmon and packed it in the two-tier stainless steel tiffin bento because there's more room this way. My boy is entering 3rd grade and I'm finding that the kiddie-sized bento boxes are getting too small for his appetite already. I should have packed a musubi next to the salmon in this bento, but I didn't think of it. He said he made salmon lettuce wraps with the lettuce. This is also one of the few boxes that allows me to pack a big piece of corn on the cob (without slicing off a few rows first, like I have to do in TinySprite's bento). He gets the usual extras: carrot, broccoli, Okinawan sweet potato; and in the top tier peach, cherries, grapes and strawberry.
TinySprite's two-tier bento is similar, although she got purple carrots instead of sweet potato. She ate everything here, even the lettuce, except the corn on the cob. Don't know why. >.<

4 comments:

  1. Another delicious bento! Salmon teriyaki... nice! I am usually too lazy to eat the end of corn... you know the kernels are smaller and I get lazy to bite. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colorful bento duo! Saw this bento on my gadgets .... Still wanna grab the foods from my screen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the bentos look great! Teriyaki salmon FTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that's funny Nami. She asks for the end. Don't know why. ^^ Thanks!

    Thank you Lia!

    Thanks Susan!

    ReplyDelete