Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Purple Goldfish Bento

Purple Goldfish Bento by sherimiya ♥
Purple Goldfish Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
The theme of today's bento is ... fish! To go with the miso butterfish that I made (method and recipe here), I cut some big-eyed goldfish from Okinawan sweet potato using my very cool goldfish vegetable cutter. I've cut carrots (in this bento) and regular sweet potato (in this bento) before, but this is a first for purple goldfish. I think they look rather vibrant, if not very realistic; do you agree? The mottled color looks kind of cool. It's a bit tricky to get the fish out without damage, and there were a few casualties. A stiffer vegetable would cut more easily. The rest of my LunchBots Trio contains: grape tomatoes, corn on the cob, green cauliflower, carrots, plum, cherries and raspberry.

13 comments:

  1. I love this cutter, the glod fish are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, go fish!
    Thanks Yobodish and Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sheri.. I love those fishies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I love the goldfish! They look great! What I'm really jealous about is that miso butterfish, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that cutter is fabulous and so perfect for the purple potatoes! Where can I get one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goldfish are too adorable...!! I wish I could get purple potatoes here, they make such great colours...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, you should make it! Maybe you can find it frozen. So good. Thanks :)
    Thanks StephD! I found mine in a Japanese hardware store. You might check the vegetable cutter section in your Asian market? They might have them online somewhere in the kitchen, hardware, or craft sections. Good luck!
    I'm surprised you don't have them Cooking Gallery! They are good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehee I love the food styling here with goldfish and wavy ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, this background is perfect for the fish themes :)
    Thanks Nami!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks again Ꮮуռ էяɨռɨא (ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞ) -- so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete