Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Apple and Stars Bento

Apple and Stars Bento by sherimiya ♥
Apple and Stars Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
I suppose this can count as a back to school bento, with a radish "apple" for the teacher, and a trio of Okinawan sweet potato stars! Although maybe they should have been gold stars. Also included in this round bento: teriyaki salmon, steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, carrots, plum, nectarine and blueberries. The summer fruit are still going strong in our markets, so summer will live on (in our bento) despite our return to school!

9 comments:

  1. A lovely little apple for teacher! You can even see a faint blush in the center of the "apple". You've got to love the farmers markets now, so full of summer's bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle; I saw that too- so nice of my radish to look the part! So agree with you about the farmers markets. Hope we get to enjoy a long summer fruit season this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your bentos, they are colorful and natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Love the little apple on the corn cob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious. <333

    http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mm, so yummy and cute! Yes yes, summer is still here despite so many kids returning back to school. Our garden hasn't yielded as many veggies this year due to the extreme heat wave we had here.. my plants just died on us. lol. Seeing all these fresh fruits and veggies make me want to head to the farmer's market right now! I just love that cute radish 'apple'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how fresh all the colors inside the bento. Even your tiny details look so wonderful. Great one to see! (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Xelia, mama elaine, BlueFrogJ, Jen, Chantale and Lia!
    We haven't had many garden fruit either. I'm still waiting for the warm weather that my tomatoes like. They're still green!

    ReplyDelete